Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An Invitation To Recite



A Lovely Invitation For You!

During the month of February I am giving Captain Kids the opportunity to memorize Robert Frost's poem, Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening...if you wish. If you can recite it to me perfectly, you will get a copy of the poem with an illustration that was created by a former Captain student. Maybe you can get a parent, sister, brother or grandparent to help you. It will be fun!

(I have copies of the poem in the art studio...just ask)
 


  Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know
His house is in the village though,
He will not see me stopping here 
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year. 
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake. 
The only other sound's the sweep 
Of easy wind and downy flake. 
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, 
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment