Sunday, January 3, 2016

It Is Time To Report

 

 

 When I was a little girl I was always a little nervous about my report card. I thought a good report card meant that I had to have great marks in all of the subjects like writing, math, art, music, language, science and physical education. I tried very hard in school, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't throw a ball very far in p.e. and math was always hard for me. When I went to college I could finally study just the things that I really loved and were special to me. 


I hope that you are not nervous about your report card.

Here is the truth as I see it...

 

*there are things that we naturally do well (everyone has a special gift)

 *there are things that if we practice really hard we can do well

*there are some things that may always be hard for us to do


It is time for me to give a report to your parents so that they know what you are thinking and doing in ART.



So...what is a report? 


A report is to tell or write about something that has been observed. 
Information and evidence (proof) are presented. 


 In the case of ART, I want to know what you have observed about yourself. I cannot watch every child every art time.You know yourself better than anyone. The proof is in your Artifact Books (if you have been writing in them...if you have not been writing in them, you need to think about doing that better or I will help you).


So, together we will report to your parents. They are interested in what you do because they care and love you. 


 

 

I want them to know that you have the behaviors of an artist:

 

You think about ideas

You solve problems

You experiment with materials

You take the time to figure things out

You learn from doing things wrong, ..the best creations come from doing things over and over again

You help one another. 

You get ideas from each 

You are not afraid to go deep into your work

You take care of materials and your art space

You make art that is important 




 Can you improve at being an artist? Sure, we all can and we will.  This is the time of the year when we applaud the things that we have done and think about how we can improve. It is exciting to think about improving. It is like a New Year's Resolution!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment